Thursday, October 2, 2008

OK...I am back! Here it goes....

So lots has happened around these parts the last few months, so I will be posting a lot in the next couple of weeks. Let's start off with Makenna's lovely make-over that began our summer.

So it was a sunny afternoon and I was in the shower, only for about 5 minutes, and Makenna walked in the bathroom and said, "Mommy, Kenna did cut-cut." I didn't think I understood right since we hide our scissors on top of the fridge. So she repeated it again. I should have stayed in the shower and let it all sink in, but I reacted too quickly. So with shampoo in my hair I opened up the shower door and saw this....




Then, after I flipped out and kept yelling, "Why? Why? Why?" She kept saying, "Betuz I wanted too!" I didn't like that answer at all and kept saying, "why? Why? Why?" I sent her to her room and she started to cry, then she kept saying, "Kenna never cut-cut again" To this day, she still is afraid of scissors. Just a note: we were to have family and kid pictures that week...to this day, still no professional pictures.

6 comments:

Misty said...

I'll admit...I did that once...or twice! =)

Britanny said...

I LOVE the picture where she is sticking her bottom lip out. It is sooooo cute! Poor thing, and poor you! Kids have a way of throwing a kink in the family picture process. They always show up with something right before pictures are supposed to happen. How do they know?

Darci said...

Her sad face in the pictures really captured the sad moment. I'm glad that her bangs have grown back - she'll be photo session ready any time now!

Christine said...

My niece, Anais, did that to herself once! Belle got a black eye last spring the day AFTER we had family pictures taken, whew, that was a close one! It lastest for over a month!!

Roo said...

I think her cute face makes it all better. :) I can't wait for the moment when Lucy does that and says "you do it all the time"...ha

Kirsten said...

Oh, man! The joys of being a parents. Keep those posts coming!!!