Sunday, October 12, 2008

First Day of School




So Parker started Kindergarden and Makenna started Preschool. They LOVE school. Parker loves riding the bus, math and Popcorn Friday. Makenna loves snacks, gymnastics class and "share day"
Since on Tuesdays and Thursdays Parker and Makenna both have school and they are at the same time, Breck usually takes Makenna and her buddy Cassidy to school, so I can take Parker to the bus stop. Darci picks the girls up so I can get Parker from the bus in the afternoon.
On Makenna's first day of Preschool, I was giving her hugs and kisses and she said, "Bye mom, I have to go to my school, stop kissing me!" Then when Breck dropped her off, he sat down by her just to make sure she was OK and not too scared and she said, "Daddy, this is Kenna's school, not daddy's school, bye!" Obviously, she is socially well-adjusted and very independent. Parker tends to be unsure of the unknown. He was a bit nervous that he wouldn't know how to get to his class or where the basketballs were for recess. He told me he figured out both on the first day, so now all is well.
****Note Makenna's bangs 3 MONTHS later!!!****

5 comments:

Amber said...

Isn't it interesting to see just how different your kids are from each other. It makes life fun! I can't believe her bangs. Too funny!

Darci said...

Ah, the first days of school were fun for us too. Cassidy loves having her special ride to school with Breck and Makenna.

The Haley Family said...

okay...so I have to leave a comment! Thanks for being such an awesome friend to my sister!!!

And...your kids are darling!

Donya said...

Such true indications of Parker's and Makenna's personalities. Hard to believe our kids are getting so big and independent.

jeremy and steph said...

i LOve it!! They are such little cuties and soo big! :)
Makenna totally reminds me of someone (you) or someones (you and madison) that i know :)
love you guys!